Thursday, August 2, 2012

Jorge Lorenzo Increases Championship Lead in Laguna Seca

Jorge Lorenzo Laguna Seca 2012

Yamaha Factory Racing rider Jorge Lorenzo put in an impressive performance today at Laguna Seca to take second in the Grand Prix of USA. Having started from pole, Lorenzo took the hole shot closely followed by rival Dani Pedrosa into turn one. He held the lead until a small incident in the corkscrew allowed Casey Stoner to close the already small gap, the Australian then passing him on the main straight on lap 21. Lorenzo tucked in behind in second, crossing the line just 3.429 seconds later.

Jorge Lorenzo
“I tried my best the beginning to open a gap and I managed it but then in the corkscrew I almost crashed. For Casey maybe that was a motivation and he caught me in one lap. After that I couldn’t keep the pace I had in the beginning, maybe the soft tyre was the best option for this race. Without a doubt Casey was riding in an excellent form today and it wasn’t possible to beat him.”

Yamaha Factory Racing Press Release

You can give your opinion on our Facebook page here
Get the latest update on our Twitter page here

Source: http://www.zimbio.com/MotoGP/articles/lPe5K-AGWWf/Jorge+Lorenzo+Increases+Championship+Lead

Bill Aston Richard Attwood Manny Ayulo Luca Badoer Giancarlo Baghetti Julian Bailey Mauro Baldi

No comments:

Post a Comment