Thursday, August 2, 2012

Ben Spies Got a Technical Failure with His Swingarm

Ben Spies Laguna Seca 2012

Ben Spies continued to experience his run of bad luck for his home race. Spies made a strong start from the grid, slotting in behind Casey Stoner in fourth through the first turn. Although unable to stay with the front pack the Texan was looking comfortable holding fourth ahead of Andrea Dovizioso until a dramatic crash in the corkscrew on the 22nd lap caused by a technical failure with his swingarm.

Ben Spies
"We had a technical failure in the swingarm. I was feeling really good, I didn’t have the grip that I had in the earlier sessions with the harder tyre but in the last ten laps I was starting to pull away and I had a little left up my sleeve. We started to stretch out a lead over Dovi then all of a sudden at the bottom of the corkscrew the bike went out from underneath me. I had no control, it didn’t slide or anything just completely went. At first I thought I’d hit a bump but there isn’t one there. It’s nobody’s fault but it’s more bad luck.”

Yamaha Factory Racing Press Release

You can give your opinion on our Facebook page here
Get the latest update on our Twitter page here

Source: http://www.zimbio.com/MotoGP/articles/XltLg8XDUF2/Ben+Spies+Got+Technical+Failure+Swingarm

Luca Badoer Giancarlo Baghetti Julian Bailey Mauro Baldi Bobby Ball Marcel Balsa Lorenzo Bandini

No comments:

Post a Comment