Thursday, August 9, 2012

Exciting Battle, Cal Crutchlow Finish Fifth at Laguna Seca

Cal Crutchlow Laguna Seca 2012

British rider Crutchlow couldn't have put in a bigger effort to try and take fourth, but Dovizioso was once again brilliantly calm and collected under pres sure. In what has now become a familiar sight in the 2012 MotoGP World Championship, Cal Crutchlow were locked in an exciting battle together with his teammate right until the chequered flag.

Cal Crutchlow 5th – 106 points:
“I'm pretty happy with another solid finish inside the top five and that is a big improvement on last year where I struggled a lot at this track. All weekend I was inside the top six so to finish fifth and have another strong battle with Andrea is good for the Championship. Credit to Andrea again because he was faultless and it didn't seem to matter how much pressure I put on him, he remained ice cool and didn't put a foot wrong to give me a chance of passing. Any pas s would have been a desperate lunge and I certainly wasn't going to risk taking us both out in such an important race for Yamaha and Monster. It was a good battle with Ben for the first 20 laps and I feel sorry for him because it was building up to be a good fight between the three of us at the end. It was bad luck for Ben and I did everything I could without being able to take fourth from Andrea. It has been a great first half to the season for me. I've finished all 10 races and that was the consistency I was looking for. I'm now staying in America for a well earned break before coming back strong and confident for Indianapolis.”

Monster Yamaha Tech3 Press Release

You can give your opinion on our Facebook page here
Get the latest update on our Twitter page here

Source: http://www.zimbio.com/MotoGP/articles/qNR_8VMJqwI/Exciting+Battle+Cal+Crutchlow+Finish+Fifth

Ronnie Bucknum Ivor Bueb Sebastien Buemi Luiz Bueno Ian Burgess Luciano Burti Roberto Bussinello

No comments:

Post a Comment